Thursday 15 February 2018

Pots for berries and a pot for the Moon

Another day spent pottering in the Pottery studio.  Absolutely love this course.  I went expecting to glaze my pots and have another few goes on the wheel and ended up making pinch pots.  Something I have done a lot of but I really enjoyed the calmness of it today.  We slowly played with the clay, chatted, laughed and helped each other for three hours.

I made a berry bowl for Huffle and three other smaller bowls and then trimmed last week’s pot on the wheel.









I used my new stamps to put my initials on the bottom which are working really well.  Four pots are going into the kiln this week so next week I will have seven pots to glaze.  Smallest has requested that I make him a Moon holder.  For Christmas we bought him a fabulous Moon Torch which projects a Moon onto his ceiling.  At the moment he uses a beaker to hold it so it would be nice to make him something special.







As it was Valentines Day yesterday, I made us a special cake.  Victoria Sponge (Great British Bake Off recipe), vanilla butter cream and homemade strawberry jam.  It’s all gone which tells you how yummy it was.  Smallest helped me to make the buttercream and decorate the top.


1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Looks like a relaxing and productive time! Love the thought of a moon on the ceiling! Your cake looks wonderful!Have a great weekend! Chrisx