Saturday 10 February 2018

Knit witting

I recently started teaching Knitting to a ten year old girl who is just lovely.  She listens, she very quickly learns and it’s a real pleasure seeing her grow into a proficient knitter.

We started with a blanket and some basic stitches and quickly went on to making a chicken from a Rowan pattern I have.  This was one of the first things I knitted by myself so I knew it was achievable and I knitted alongside of her at the same speed.  She finished it the week before Christmas and I know she is as proud of it as I am of her.

After Christmas we began a Sheep. A bit more complicated with shaping and picking up stitches but so far she is doing wonderfully well and takes each new instruction very well.  The finished project looks similar to this but hers is done with bigger needles and chunky wool.



Can’t wait to see what hers look like.  I estimate a couple of weeks and it will be finished.

1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

This looks like a fun thing to do! Haven't picked up my knitting needles for over a year!!Chrisx