Thursday 8 February 2018

Football Blanket/Afghan

When I was pregnant with my now 14 year old, my MIL tried to teach me to crochet.  I did okay but whenever I tried to crochet by myself much later, I found it really difficult.  So I watched video after video on YouTube until I finally got it.  Then I just crocheted and crocheted and am even now giving lessons.

Recently I saw some c2c (corner to corner) Afghans and thought they looked wonderfully complicated.  Well the c2c is incredibly satisfying and I made lots of cowls for Christmas gifts.

Then I discovered Graphgans.  Wow! Some of the gorgeous stuff people create using graph paper and bobbins.  Well I decided to get in on the graphgan sensation and create my own.  

My Smallest is a Stoke fan (ridiculous seeing as he comes from Leicester but it’s the team his Dad supports, who incidentally is also from Leicester) and I thought it  would be nice (and easyish) to make a blanket with the team badge.  It took a lot of work to get it on graph paper and a few amendments here and there but eventually we did it.  I have been working on the Blanket for about a month all in and I still need to sew in all hundreds of ends and finish a border but it’s done!

He loves it.

No comments: