Wednesday 11 March 2015

Dairy Pottery

Today was my last pottery session before we glaze all of our works of art in two weeks time. I made a milk jug (the type that holds the bags of milk that are so popular here in North America). I wanted to make mine into a cow but when I found a lovely little stamp with a heart on it, I knew I had to use it. I may glaze the jug black and white to infer the cowness of it.

We used the slab method for the majority of it and hand pulled a handle. This was hilarious!!

I love it and can't wait to glaze it and bring it home and use it.

We use two different milks in this house so I may have to make another one as I have signed up for the next lot of classes too. How exciting.

 

1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Yes! Black and white - this is lovely! Chrisx