Thursday 7 November 2013

Socks, Cookies and Bread

Last night I finished Smallest's socks. Wow they were quick though they are not quite the same. One seems a little longer (even though I counted the rows) and one is a bit wider on the foot. Nevertheless, Smallest tried them on and asked if he could keep them. NO they are for Christmas!

Yesterday Smallest and I made Oatmeal Cookies. They are yummy. Here is the recipe.

1 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup of soft brown sugar mixed together. Add two eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Mix in 2 cups of all purpose flour and 1 teaspoon on baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix in 3 cups of porridge oats and 1 cup of chocolate chips.

Make walnut sized balls of dough and place on baking paper on a tray. Take a fork and squash slightly and bake for 10 minutes at 375*F.

Leave to cool before moving them and EAT. Mine made approx 30. This cookies freeze really well and you can almost eat them straight from the freezer. Perfect for putting in lunch boxes.

This recipe was originally from AllRecipes.com

I also made a bread. A light wholemeal with seeds - Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame and Poppy. It is for my lunch today. YUM.

The recipe was taken from my bread machine book, let me know if you want it.

 

No comments: