Wednesday 23 October 2013

Chocolate Crackle Cookies

I am fortunate enough to work with a lady who bakes the most amazing things for us to eat each week. This week she presented us with a plate of Crackle Cookies. oh my goodness, they were amazing. In fact so amazing that I had to find a recipe and make them that very night. So I am sharing this wonderful recipe.

Mine were a bit flat, possibly because I wasn't patient enough to chill the mixture and I didn't time them. They should be more cookie shaped and more icing sugary. Also I let my two boys get stuck in!!

1&1/2 cups of all purpose flour (6.25oz)

1&1/2 cups sugar (10.5oz)

1&1/2 teaspoons baking powder

3/4 teaspoon salt

6 tablespoons unsalted butter (3oz) melted and cooled

3/4 cup cocoa powder (2.25oz)

3 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cups of chocolate chips (I used semi sweet and white)

3/4 cup icing sugar

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix. Mix the butter and cocoa powder together making sure there are no lumps. Mix the vanilla essence and eggs together and whisk together with the cocoa mixture. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Oven 350*F. Line two baking trays with parchment. Scoop dough with teaspoon and roll into a ball which you then dip into the icing sugar and roll around until completely covered. Place on tray about 1&1/2" apart. As they bake, the cookies will spread and the icing sugar will crack. They need about 12-15 minutes. The longer they are in the crispier they are.

I like them crispy on top and soft in the middle. Please do let me know if you make them and send me a photo. I guarantee you will like these.

 

 

I used the recipe from About.com.

 

1 comment:

Clare said...

These look totally yummy. The boys like they were good assistant chefs! It's half term here this week, so we might have a go at making them this afternoon, so thanks for sharing.

Jumbleberries xx