Tuesday 13 November 2012

WOYWW #180

Hey, it's WEDNESDAY. I joined this group What's on your Workdesk Wednesday well over a year ago when I lived in England. I didn't think I would still be doing it. I don't join in every Wednesday, but most of them. If you don't know what I am talking about (where have you been????) then have a look at this lady's blog. She started it, it's fun.

I only just realised it was (nearly) Wednesday, so rushed up to my desk and took a photo. Bit of a mess as I left it in a hurry a couple of days ago to get to the post box.

A different angle this week, taking in the view of my new drawers which makes my desk seem a little bigger and a bit more organised. See I am learning from all you proper crafters. We bought some shelves too. So on the drawers are my WIP's (Christmas trees, cut out bunting and cowl). There is a reason I haven't finished any of these yet and that is because I took in part in a challenge going on over at Jo's Blog. We are making angels and sending them flying all over the world. So for the last week I have been creating two angels. One has gone already (hence the dash to the post office) and the other is wrapped and ready to fly on my desk. I can't show these yet until they have been received.

Poor monkey is still disembodied and the only other thing new there is a Christmas Ideas book I got from the library. Not had much time to look a it but never mind.

I had a lot of comments last week about the loft space I use to craft in. It is a huge space, not fully finished. One comment said it looked like I had been put in quarantine (that was funny). Half of it is used for guests and has a bed, hanging rail, drawers plus an extra airbed. It is also used by the kids to set up their train track, castle, scalextric and car track. So I can't have it all, and it is a bit messy and disorganised because I want to wait until it is all drywalled (plaster boarded) before I start adding proper storage, after all it will all have to be moved out for the work to be done. (Finding someone to do the work is another story!!!).

Okay, I am off to look at everyone else's space now and get some inspiration for finishing all my unfinished stuff. See you later x

20 comments:

Joynana said...

Wow, you have your sewing machine out on the table. I don't know when I last saw mine. It must be in a closet some where. Can't wait to see your angels. #22

Spyder said...

well I haven't got a sewing machine, I do hint to my mum to borrow hers... she always seems to have her hearing aid switched off when I ask! Angels sound lovely!! Have great week, thanks for my snoop!! Happy wOyWw
((Lyn)) hugs! #21

Lindsay Weirich said...

what a nice Christmasy desk! I love seeing the holiday projects mid way through! Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #29

trisha too said...

Oh no, poor monkey! He'll get it together soon, I trust . . .

:)trisha
#41-ish this week

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i like peeking at messy desks! happy WOYWW!
thank you for sharing!
hugs,#12
peggy aplSEEDS

Lynn Holland said...

Every little bit of work surface counts. The addition of the drawers is a great idea
Lynn //57

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Nice desk!! Oops, I think I've committed a sin on my post today as I've shown parts of the angel I'm working on...sigh...always putting my foot in it. Ah well, too late now!

Hugs, LLJ #68 xx

okienurse said...

great looking workspace. I need to start my angels but have been so busy trying to get the Christmas Canvas and some other things done to free up time. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Vickie #63

Annie said...

I'm chuckling here cos it sounds like you left for the post box a couple of days ago and have only just got back :-)
Hugs,
A x #74

JoZart Designs said...

Your desk looks like it is just waiting for you to sit down and finish off all you've started. Lots of lovely crafting there.
Can't wait for my angel to arrive. She'll need a good rest after her long flight! Will be posting our No2 draw soon.
Jo x

House of Bears said...

Mess? Nooo, it's called craft in progress and is necessary for the creative process!

The bears @#93 so far this week.

Anonymous said...

Don't sell yourself short Famfa, you ARE a proper crafter! Look at all these lovely things you make! Hope the postman was as disinterested in the angels as he was the knitted Christmas Trees!! Beware though, I started out with one set of plastic drawers and now I have a whole room full of stuff!! Yup, winter is definitely on the way!!

Hugs
Brenda 1

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulously busy looking desk - so much creative inspiration in action! Thanks for your visit and happy WOYWW!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Hi Famfa - You are a busy bee. All that WIP and you are taking on such a fab crafting challenge. You sure look like a proper crafter to me! Crafting mess - not enough time in the day and lots of creative stuff in the pipeline - yep definitely a pro! Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 30

Tertia said...

Your desk looks creatively busy. Ready to start playing at any moment. I am so sorry I missed the Angel challenge while I was gone from blogland. It looks great.
Happy WOYWW!
Tertia #40

Anna Karlsson Widmark said...

Holy moly, you have a creative workspace! Looks wonderful.

Happy WOYWW /Zildara #59

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Famfa, thanks so much for joining my wonderful encouragers and have joined your blog too :D and love your wee Christmas trees down below they are ally awesome! Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #10

Twiglet said...

Lol - your table is about as tidy as mine!! have a good week. x Jo

Andrea said...

my you are busy cant wait to see your angels I think your right to wait to finish the building work as long as your happy and still creating that's the important bit, have a wonderful week hope to visit again soon x#60

Elizabeth said...

Happy to see that even at the new angle I can still enjoy your spotty cloth :) Your desk looks busy as ever. Have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #43