Tuesday 1 May 2012

What's on your workdesk Wednesday #152

Still the same rubbish but with half a sock monkey and a finished bag!

Smash book full of ideas, Mollie Makes Magazine and ribbon. Still a pile of mending. A lovely ball of wool and some napkins I picked up from the thrifty shop. My 'started ages ago' knitted hat. The lovely bunting that I won from Faded Reverie. Looks great and cheers me up. Wind up radio, zentangles, valentine hearts, gifts from Faded Reverie. Candles. Kirsty book. Lovely bag that was brought back from Rome with some tea and biscuits in from Huffle's work colleague. My finished knitted bag using the handles I won from The Felt Fairy. The bag has turned out a little different from what I was expecting.

One side.......

....l..and the other. Can't get a lot in it.

Then there is my newest project. A sock monkey. Ages ago, I found an odd ski sock and thought "I know what I will do with that". I started him today and then realised that I need a pair, not just one. Silly me, now I've got to find another odd one which is similar!

 

I don't know about Monkey, I think he looks more like a frog! I will let you know how I get on.

Pop on over the Julia's to have a look at hers and everyone else's desks this week.



21 comments:

Annie said...

Good luck with the sock monkey...looking good so far. :-)
Hugs,
A x #60

Anonymous said...

I like your sweet little bag, as it's small it saves you from carrying around everything but the kitchen sink! Sock monkey is definitely looking interesting at the moment! I would go with the frog I think! You're number 116.

Hugs
Brenda 114

Lynn Holland said...

THINK I SPOTTED ONE OF MY DOODLY BIRD'S RELATIONS ON YOUR DESK.
Lynn 53
One I Made Earlier Today

SandeeNC said...

I was reading that you just moved over to Canada and felt it being a little scary for you so i was curious as to how it was working out for you. You seem to be happy according to your work desk which is filled with all sorts of creativity! thanks for stopping by my blog, waving hi from the beautiful hills of North Carolina :)

Karen said...

I love the look of your bag, it looks great and your sock monkey is coming along nicely :)

Have a great WOYWW and a lovely week, hugs, Karen xx #12

Clare with paint in her hair said...

frog to me! cute!

Debbie said...

I like the dinky wee bag and look forward to finding out how your sock monkey looks at the end!

Debbie x

Claire said...

i like it when things turn out different from what you expect...
can't wait to see how the lil' guy turns out - monkey? frog? - any creature's good :)
no. 82

Clare said...

Love your bag - well done for getting it finished. Loving the look of the sock monkey, I've fancied having a go at one of those too - will look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Big hugs - miss you.

Jumbleberries xx

Redanne said...

Love the bunting on your desk and your little bag is lovely. Looking forward to seeing sock monkey finished. Anne #44

Hazel said...

Love the bag. The sock monkey is interesting - thanks for sharing - Hazel, WOYWW #10 x

Bridget Larsen said...

lol frogmonkey, cant wait to see him in full. love that bag, I remember my macrame days making bags and belts
Bridget #172

Ann B said...

Didn't get round to any desks yesterday as I was out, gallivanting, so catching up a bit this morning.

So much on your desk this week - love the sock monkey as I haven't tried these before.

Thanks for calling by yesterday - much appreciated.
Ann B
#26

somewhere on the avenue said...

Ha ha, I cant even think of a picture of my desk, its like my study at the moment, full of **** Its the only room in the house we haven't decorated:)

JoZart Designs said...

Siuper post with lots going on to snoop on! thanks for your visit!
JoZarty x

trisha too said...

Poor monkey, he'll look less froggy when he's finished off!

:)trisha
#181

Unknown said...

I am going to like the sock monkey and loving your little bag.
Have a great weekend
Carol #152

Unknown said...

I am going to like the sock monkey and loving your little bag.
Have a great weekend
Carol #152

Eliza said...

Your bag reminds me of one I crochet years ago for my DDM, I wonder what happened to it. Your sock monkey is cute, I used to do them too, teaching children to make them for charity, some turned out so funny, but beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Eliza #19

Tania said...

If you opted for frog you might not need another sock - just a couple of eyeballs! Frogs are way up high on my cute list.

Spyder said...

Well I think he looks good as a frog!! Sorry for my late woyww visit, been away, and came back to no email and worse still , no blog! Have a crafty week!!

((Lyn))
#47