Friday 5 August 2011

They're corkin'

I have discovered a fabulous new blog (new to me) called Annaboo's House. If you haven't managed to find her blog yet, do go and look.  Its so interesting and she makes the most amazing things. This week she has made some gorgeous Korknisse and I thought I would have a go.  As my crocheting is still in tangles, I thought I would have a go at knitting them.



What do you think?

Last night I went out with two of my friends for dinner and Cinema. I came home with a bag full of corks. (not because we drank too much wine, but because I asked if I could take some if they had some spare - and they did)   Hurray, I can make as many of these as I like. 





My two here are made using champagne corks. One is from when Small was born and the other given to me by the restaurant last night.    But again what a good idea, a way to keep a special cork.

Thanks Annaboo's House.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! You could do seven as in the dwarfs!

Annaboo's House said...

Oh these are sweeeet!
The champagne corks give them a brilliant shape, too!

Thanks for the lovely mention. You are a kind gal.

Xxx

HeARTworks said...

These are soooo cute! I always keep the corks when we have wine, but I only think of making them into stamps. This is something else I can make!!!

Angie said...

I am sure I wrote a comment last night but something told me I forgot to click ...so here goes again lol
These cork men are a brilliant idea ...so many times we mean to keep corks but they get put in drawers and then forgotten and then sometimes tossed out in a tidy but these would always stay around in sight.
Thanks for your nice comment on my other blog ...so pleased you enjoy the stories xx

Unknown said...

what a lovely idea. I've never seen anything like it before.

Paula x x x